Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Zack's Study Room-- pt. 3

It's time for stage 3 of Zack's study room!! Last week I shared the before and after pictures of Zack's study room design here. THIS week, I will be sharing about that adorable little cabinet that was left behind.





Yes, I know what you're thinking...."Lauren...adorable...REALLY?" Come on, guys, it just needs a little TLC! I really wanted to dress this room up and make it more homier and calming....but I also wanted to add a "study" touch without making it look like an elementary classroom. Thank God (literally) I was helping Zack clean out some supply closets as well and stumbled upon this bad boy. YES, that is chalkboard paint!!!!! It took about three coats but it definitly added a pop to this cabinet!
(check out my gaurdian between my feet). Aparently it was a big hit because it didn't take long before Zack threw some love back my way, and his roommate showed off his art skills.



P.S....I want to set up this image for you...Zack's roommate (Trey Lippe) plays for the UCA Bears all-conference football team and his fraternity brother. Let's take it a step further, Ever seen Rocky V? the "kid" Rocky trains....Tommy Gun (who is a legit world champion boxer btw)...is Lippe's dad! Anyway, he wanted to design beautiful artwork :)




ON TO STEP 2!!! You can't have a sleep counter with ugly sides!!! I wanted the sides of the cabinet to flow with the trim so I went with antique white.




It took 3 coats of paint...but that's just because I'm a perfectionist...It probably could have been done in 2.



Finally, I added some black shelf liner for the inside (please excuse the mess...Zack's not organized per say but hehas to have things picked up)



I hope you all enjoyed the cabinet makeover!! What do you think about the idea?? Do you have any other ideas for cabinets??

1 comment:

  1. Awesome work Lauren! I LOOOVE chalk board paint!

    ReplyDelete