Friday, November 26, 2010

Thankful for Changes

I just wanted to add a quick post on a change going on in my life. I am no longer an employee at Make-A-Wish Foundation of the Mid-South. My fidelity now lies with (drum roll, please)....

I want to thank MAW for everything they have done for me over the past 6 months as an intern, volunteer, and employee. The world will never know just how incredible that organization is. But "'the time has come', the Walrus said, 'to talk of other things.'" I am now the Development Coordinator of the Arkansas Syphony Orchestra. No, I do not play an instrument anymore (I took 7 years of Piano and 2 years in band playing the Oboe), but I am an AVID supporter of the Arts -- and over the years it has been breaking my heart watching them fade. I'm lucky to live in a city that has such rich culture, and thankful for the opportunity to work for such an organization. More than that, I'm blessed and thankful for all of the people who helped push me to this point.

2 other quick thank yous- Thank you to all my readers! and thank you to Brittany Miller for my awesome new layout (more on that later).

Happy Holidays :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy that you got a job but even more excited at how cool it is! I'll be so interested to learn about the orchestra!!!

    ReplyDelete