Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Hodge Podge

An informative post coming at you today!
  1. Sorry for the lack of posts

--Let me explain. The past two weeks I accidentally made one of the best decisions of my life thus far. I turned down a job as my term at Make-A-Wish was ending because it wasn't "the right fit." As soon as I did it--STRESS. But the good lord prevailed (as he always does) and another job came up (As you can see here)--but that wasn't the best decision of my life. The best decision was taking two weeks off accidentally. Technically, I haven't NOT worked since I was 16 -- my senior year of high school I worked two jobs and all through college I have worked minimum 25 hours a week (along with going to school full time with a research major, sorority, volunteering because I wanted to work in nonprofit, and 3 school clubs that I was dedicated to). The only time I "didn't" work was my first semester in college (I took 16 hours) and was going through a very tough time (I was seeing a counselor 3 times a week). My "vacations" over the past few years have usually always been to visit my family in Columbia, Missouri (they have since moved to Little Rock). This was the first time since I can remember that I've really had time off-- and I needed it! Just to get all those "little things" done...and I did...but I'll tell you about that later ;)


2. I START MY NEW JOB TOMORROW!!!!


--no worries, I will have a full report for you tomorrow!! (sorry "Whip it up Wednesday," you'll have to wait another week). I can't wait! I'm more excited that I'm coming in at funding mailouts so I can start slow.


3. How much do you love my awesome new layout??


--A BIG thanks to my greatest friend, Brittany Miller! She designed this layout for me in just a few minutes (So talented). You all have GOT to check her out if you never have!
You can check out her website
here, her Facebook page here (become a fan NOW), you can see the Twitter layout she made for me here (follow ME while you're there!), and you can check out Brittany's blog here. She can create you a blog design or a Christmas Card like this one:


On a scale form 1 to "holy crap"...how adorable is that??? You can order any of these, custom, by emailing her at brittartist@gmail.com.

4. DON'T FORGET ABOUT "Letters from Santa"!!!! They're so cute! Check out that post here.

5. Posts coming soon!

-- Whip it up Wednesday will resume next week and I have some MIGHTY FINE recipes headed your way!!! My Christmas decorations have BEEN up -- can't wait to show them off!...I'm always open for more suggestions, readers! I would like to write about what you would like to hear about.

That's all for now, leave some post suggestions in the comment box!

No comments:

Post a Comment