Thursday, October 7, 2010

Rearrange Me

You guys remember my friend, Justin, right? I briefly mentioned him in this post about his grandmother. He is a designer for Bassett Furniture here in Little Rock. He has never had training in design, yet he is a very solicited designer. He began by designing Christmas trees (which he is AMAZING at and his client list doubles every year). So nevertheless he's wonderful at arrangements.

Anyway, I was so proud of MY little table arrangement...


Until it came time for our weekly wine night.... Justin went Zoolander on my arrangement. You know that scene where he fixes the reporter's hair in like...3 seconds? Well he did that...over to this:

Which looks incredible...I say; but it did leave a pathetic hole on my dining room table. So I threatened his life to fix something incredible, and he did not disappoint. Check it out:

Gorgeous, huh? The best part about this arrangement was that all the stems were 50% off at Hobby Lobby (they almost always are). Isn't he incredible?





I also persuaded Justin to divulge some of his "arrangement tips for my followers. Here is what he recommends:




  1. Its all about placement

-Justin says to make sure that you space out the pieces throughout the arrangement...but for the most part work from the entrance angle. For this piece he worked from two: one from my front door (you can see the arrangement as you open the door to the right), and from the living room.



  1. Make it as natural as possible

-I would have passed up the reeds and the fuzzy ferns, but Justin's eyes lit up up after seeing them...and rightfully so. Look how much "realer" this makes the arrangement look. It definitely brings the natural elements I love so much.


  1. Always make sure eye catches do not cover up smaller parts of the arrangement.

- check how he stuffed the huge...cylinder objects (sorry...I have a juvenile sense of humor) down into the arrangements...but at different levels. It helps give the arrangement some umph without taking attention away from the entire arrangement.


So spill it...better, worse? Does he pass as a designer?

No comments:

Post a Comment