Monday, August 30, 2010

You and Me Could Write a Bad Romance

The title of this post is dedicated to my blogging experience. I have a couple of warnings for you:
  1. My posting will be schizophrenic. I thought that my computer has been crashed the past couple of months, come to find out it's just rediculous. Also, Ever since I moved I have decided to save money by not having internet or cable....2 months down and it's a struggle....mainly because I'm a news junky and I feel way out of the loop.

  2. This is a long post....I'm giving my full update.So here we go...let's get the quick stuff over with first. I have officially received my diploma and I am a UCA Alumna. I have also completed my internship with the Make-A-Wish Foundation of the Mid-South and I regaurd it as one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. It was incredible. They even let me write a Marketing/PR plan for their Christmas Fundraiser all by myself and my director went on an on about how impressed with was with my work and my attention to detail (**ego boost**) unfortunately, I am still unable to find a job. All my interviewers have sent me wonderful e-mails about how impressed they were with me, but have people that are overqualified applying for the job, as well, because of the job market. So I can't decide....should that make me feel better or worse?

As I mentioned in my last post, I moved to Little Rock...and. I. LOOOOVVVEE. It! I seriously haven't felt like a town I've lived in was "home" until recently. I'm loving it all here: My roommate, my perfect little apartment, all the bistros, community activities, 15% wine Wednesdays (hhheeeeyyy). On top of that I live right in between the heights and hillcrest area, which I absolutley love: all the mom and pop shops, the old historic places mixed in with the new and modern renos -- my idea of heaven. So here is a little peak into my new crib

So here is the left side of my room, and a couple of things you fine folks can help me with: They will not let us paint these extremely white walls, but that wall is too big to do anything with that is also relatively cheap: any suggestions?
And here's the right side of my room with a beautiful view of my large screened in porch (jealous? You probably should be....). p.s., that "nightstand" on the right of my bed is acutally my snoopy station!! Updates coming soon.Here is the other side of my room, including my walk-in closet and my own bathroom (yay!). Can you believe my apartment manager (who are amazing, by the way) put in all new carpet and flooring (and a stove) for no extra charge to us??just a couple of views of my bathroom. I have to admit, it's pretty nice have an actual porcelin tub again; bubble baths are much more pleasant. I tried to give a fresh, spa-like, beachy feeling for cheap...are you feeling it?
Here's a couple of views of the kitchen. It's much smaller than my old one, but MUCH more affective with space. Plus we added up a cute little wine glass rack under one of the cabinets that helps, as well ;) (and yes, it really stays this clean all the time).This is my precious little dining room nook (trust me, in real life those chair covers do not blend in with the carpet that badly). This is one of my favorite areas of the house. Maybe it's because I love floating shelves, or maybe because I love eating, or maybe it's because that light fixture is WAY off-center and with the arrangement I made plus the overlapping of the shelves...it looks straight on ;) so proud....This is also a fun little conversation piece...that modern decor cost me less than $50 and involves swirled decorative balls, black panty hose, and towel rack...what up DIY??? NOW REVEALING: my first big-girl purchase...my new couches and pillows:) (and my roommates foot since she wouldn't jump in a picture). Anyway, I lurve them. The loveseat, couch, protective coating, and 7 pillows all for less than $800 (baby gurl did her homework!). Let me just go on a quick rant...if you ever buy new couches...PLEASE spend money on the protective coating. See these cream couches? I spilt a full glass of red wine ALL OVER it and it came out with nothing but a damp, white cloth....magical. By the way, this picture is something I wipped up in a couple of minutes just to tie in the pillows. Kristy (the roommate) loves it...i hate it. I want it to be edgier and more contemporary. Any suggestions? I would love to throw some black in there.

and finally here are a couple of pictures at my roommates room...just for fun.I would really love to know what you fine folks think of the new pad....and any suggestions about those dang white walls. As for now, I'm signing out. Reeces Pieces, friends!

1 comment:

  1. I SWEAR I bought the same couches when I moved into my apartment in Dallas(ended up with Mom) I recognize the legs!!!! I love your apartment, I'm praying I'll get to see it in person soon!

    ReplyDelete