Thursday, October 8, 2009

If I was Picasso, I would buy myself a grey guitar and play...






I have to start out this post by doing something I should have done a couple of weeks ago. Did you all notice my stellar new layout???? Compliments to my best friend Brittany Miller! She is an art student at the Art Institute of Houston and is AMAZING. She's always been an amazing painter/illistator: not only have her skills improved in school (I didn't think it was possible but they actually have), but she has become expertly skilled with computer graphics. She whipped up my background in a few hours. Better than that, she has a compassion that allows her to gather exactly what her clients want (I LOVE my layout! I was jumping up and down when I saw it). I'm so proud of her for finally taking a giant leap of faith and becoming a full time professional artist. There's isn't a doubt in my mind that she will be successful. You can view a small portion of her artwork here.











Ok! next on the agenda.... Most of the projects I am working on can not yet be revealed. So, let's chat about my art supplies!!!! this is one place I do not mind not being comPLETEly organized. I have an "art container" under my bed. Here's the before:
crazy, huh? the after might not look much better from the picture:
Now it might not look organized to you...but I haven't looked at it in a week and I can give you the breakdown JUST by the picture. On the left, I have my paints: mostly acrylic, I also have ribbon, etch, paint medium, etc.. On the right is my staple/nail gun, hot glue gun, paintbrushed (I have a lot), my sketch pads, and an expandable folder. Look at some old sketches I found!
random huh? As for my expandable folder, it hold all my goodies for my scrapbook.
That about covers it! I'm trying to expand my collection. What do you guys suggest? Any fun art project ideas?

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love you. you're one of the most supportive people in my life!!

    ReplyDelete