Saturday, January 30, 2010

Since we've no place to go...let it snow!

What has two thumbs, freckles, and just found a corner in her house that occasionally picks up Internet?????? THIS CHICK! AND my friend gave me a new computer charger so my computer works now!!! So I'm....kind of back?? Anyway, If you didn't know every time you surfed by the Weather Channel...we got snow....and ice...lots of it.


This much....


That is my back porch. It was so gorgeous with the full moon lighting up my neighborhood....it truly did give a luster of midday.




So how did we spend this lovely day???


1. We made my mommas Mexican Buffet

1 lb. ground beef

1 sm can tomato sauce

1 can of enchilada sauce'

1 tsp. cumin

1 can pinto beans (drained)

salt & pepper to taste

--Brown ground meat, drain fat, then add all other ingredients. I like to put this mixture in the crock pot to help marinate the spices....believe it or not it actually tastes best if you leave it in the refrigerator over night.....if you're patient.....which I'm not....so the crock pot sufficed.


Serve with: corn chips (I love Tostitos multi grain), meat mixture (the one from above), grain cheese, lettuce, and diced tomatoes. You can also make rotel cheese dip and top it off....I don't' like it this way but everyone else does. Anyway, Layer every thing in the above order and enjoy. I can honestly say this is one of my moms classics that she's made a LOT and I have never heard one complaint about it. I.E. I always choose to make a double batch because people love it so much....and there STILL wasn't any left for me to take a picture for the blog! Cheap and easy and abundant.


We let the meal settle by playing a little Clue--my ultimate favorite board game.







Even though my game face is OBVIOUSLY more intimidating than his....Zack won (don't' worry, we didn't play with just us, some friends joined). Then moved on to the second greatest game ever....


On Wii....


Dance Dance Revolution!!


seessssyyy!

So there ya go....sure fire ways to keep cabin fever from setting in on frigid days! How about you guys?? Any tips for fighting of "the Shining" (hhhheeeeerrreee's Johnny!!)?? Stay warm!

1 comment: