Saturday, January 30, 2010

Cleaning out my closet

Remember when I showed you my emergency kit?
Would you love to know how I can about this idea? Probably not but you should hear it anyway. I cleaned out my only storage closet. Did you hear me?? ONLY STORAGE! So it needed some organization to make sure everything fit and was easy to find. Here's what the closet looked like before:
Did you just get stressed out? Take a moment...breath, we don't need blogging panic attacks. This is what I have now:
And here is the breakdown:

On the top shelf: My favorite childhood comforter (very broken in) and 2 pillows. This is my "guest Shelf," for when people need to use my couch to crash.


Second shelf: this is my decorations shelf. Where I keep all my candles, wall decor...etc. That way if I ever get the itch to mix things up a bit...I can! Convenient.


Third shelf: All my awesome and favorite blankets and my emergency kits


Top shelf: Obviously my games and Scrapbooking things are kept here. I've since made it a place for fabric and sewing kits

Second(or actually fifth) shelf: My sub woofer (R.I.P.), and my expandable folder......One of the greatest things of my life. It harbors receipts, UCA files, special documents such as my duplex lease, PR notes. Things of that such...I keep anything that I think could be important in there.

Last shelf (or floor): My car washing kit, floral sprays (not necessarily floral....more bamboo, willow, and peasant leaves), ab roller, volleyball....things of that such.

Anyway, There are my little organization suggestions. So do you guys have organization skills that make you tick? Any O.C.D. like tendencies with organization?

3 comments:

  1. VERY impressive! good work :) and good suggestions! i always heard if you haven't used/worn it in 6 months and it's not of significant value...lose it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's exactly a rule I live by when cleaning and it has changed my life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yea...it needs to change my make-up drawer! idk why but make-up is the hardest thing for me to toss, b/c you never know when you might need it!

    ReplyDelete