Saturday, January 30, 2010

Baret inspiration: my version of house crashing

I have no clue what my home style is, but I think I've narrowed it down to natural-exotic. I want my home to be an escape...kind of cave like.


Jumping subject a bit: one of my favorite blogs does a segmant called "house crashing." Now I don't personally care to continue this, but I have one exception: my friend, Baret.

He lives in a fabulous guest house in Magnolia...and his style is quite close to capturing what I would like in my future home...enjoy.






First...can we discuss the breathtaking fireplace????? OH EM GEE!!!! I mean...I would elaborate...but look at it. I love the dark brick and black stone frame. Second, LOVE THE WALL COLOR!!! beautiful subtle blue. I must have it.... I also love Barets fabulous decorations! the grass and the white head on the table; different, but I love it!I'm sorry, but I had to show you this lamb because I'm jealous!!!! I'll quit talking, just stare at it...make sure drool doesn't get on the keyboard!
This is the other side of his living room. I LOVE this mirror. Doesn't it look like a waterfall cutting through the room?

p.s....ignore the right side...that's Barets painting station...want to see the result that is now hanging in my kitchen??

Another room favorite...I love how he uses the blues, browns and blacks; then makes everything pop with almond colored accents.

So what do ya'll think? Doesn't this room just make you feel cozy and tucked away?

No comments:

Post a Comment