Thursday, June 3, 2010

Whatcha got cookin?

I had a couple of requests for recipes since I've been blogging. I want you to know that I am adhearing to your request! I am currently trying to build a recipe library. I'll go ahead and throw some teasers at you. As you already know, Zack and I are total opposites that get along like the greatest, oldest friends. One thing we do have in common is our love to cook. Not only can you BOTH enjoy it, but it's an act that takes effort instead of commercial items (I'm pretty freaking shocked at the amount of girls that get their boy toys stuffed animals.......REALLY???). Anyway, I present to you -- Lauren's Romantic Dinner for two!


First, there are a few items I suggest you keep on hand: I got this tablecloth for less than $10 at TJMaxx in the clearance section. It is an elegant, shiny white and spill resistant (trust me--I spilled red wine all over this table cloth and just shook it off, this is the after picture...can you tell??) I also used a few candels I had on hand.

For the food set-up shown above. I have set up basic dinner plates, two forks (salad and dinner) a knife and a spoon. I also have a water glass and a wine glass (I love my vino), and of course, a salad plate.

I start of the course but trimming the edge of a martini glass with coctail shrimp and filled with coctail sauce. That way my boo can be satisfying his taste buds while I'm mixing the salad. Shown here is a simple Caesar salad, but I often like to toss up an Olive garden salad. I also get french bread (I have since switched to multigrain french bread) and sweep it with olive oil and sea salt butter with a bit of garlic powder, parmesean, and parsley. For the "dipping oil" I but various italian spices (basil, oregeno, etc), red pepper flakes, and top it off with olive oil.

The main course can, of course, be created through your specific taste. I will begin to post some more recipes for main courses. Here's a little website to get you started:

http://www.copykat.com/

It is my fav! I've been trying to stop going out to eat as much to save money, and with this website, I can have them at home!


Some of my favs include:

Olive Garden Spinach and Artichoke dip

Olive Garden Chicken and Gnocci soup and their signiture salad. (can you tell I love Olive Garden?)

Anyway, let me know what you think! Leave a comment and let me know your favorite recipes that I might want to look up...Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment